lørdag 14. november 2015

Storyboard and Manuscript

I have been working on the manuscript for the commercial lately and I am struggling with the length of it. I feel like there is a lot to say, and not so much time to show it. I want to try to keep it within one minute. I have written down everything that I think needs to be mentioned, so now it is up to me to try to break it down just a little bit more so that I am left with what is really necessary and emphasises the product.

This is where I am at right now:





I also started on the storyboard. I did this to help myself visualize everything a little better and to get a better sense of where I can narrow down the manuscript. Later on, I will try to time this to the manuscript in AfterEffects and from there on see what I can remove from the text and  visualize instead. I have also been doing some more research and I have discovered that a lot of the other commercials use text additional to the voice over so that they can deliver more information in a shorter amount of time. This is something that I probably will try to use myself.

Here is the first draft of my storyboard:




Originally I wanted to use the Chinese wall when showing the amount of the electronic waste. But I am currently playing with the taught of changing this to UK's coastline.

The length of the coastline is 12,429 km and that almost takes us two times around it with the heavy trucks. This is a really great way to illustrate the amount of e-waste that are generated every year. And hopefully, a fact that sticks with the audience.

The last two pictures illustrate this. I might change it so that these are the ones I use instead of the Chinese wall.

The one scene where I just added question marks is still something that I am struggling with. At this stage, the audience is going to learn that emissions of all CFC gas from a refrigerator corresponds to CO2 emissions equivalent to 10 000 km of driving. I am thinking about showing this by taking an extra trip around the UK coastline.






  

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar