søndag 3. januar 2016

The truck

Before Christmas, I was working on a truck that was going to enter the scene and pick up a container. After I started on the animatic I discovered that I had a plan for a lot more to happen separately than what I had time for. I went way over the maximum of 60 seconds that I am aiming for. So I have now experienced why people in the industry use the phrase “kill your children” I had put a lot of energy into this truck and I had also planned to rig it so that the hook lift was functional.
I found that it is not enough time for this to happen and that I have spent a lot of energy on something that shouldn’t have taken up so much of my time.
Because I have chosen to go for a simple style, the commercial doesn’t suffer a loss from it, and now the container is simply just exiting the frame by sliding out on its own. I found that as long as this isn’t something that takes away from the message that I try to convey it is a more efficient solution.
I will use the truck in another scene where I demonstrate the amount of E-waste that is being generated worldwide. Because of this, I am removing the hook lift and just adding a container on the back of it. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar