mandag 25. januar 2016

Texturing MagnoJack

Lately I have been working with the textures on the MagnoJack model. I have little experience with mental ray materials, but I have recently been introduced to the MIA materials and I really like them.

On the models "body" I have used the MIA preset "chrome" and changed its color. I had to do a lot of tweaking to the material, and after that, I think it is safe to say that it is custom made.

On the magnets, I drew my own texture and bump map in PhotoShop. I have also made the alpha map on the grid in Photoshop. The sticker on the back of the model is the actual template that is printed on the real product, that I asked my client to email to me.

After some render testing and more tweaking, I decided to include a bump map. I made that one in Photoshop as well, just by using a scatter filter.

 

 








Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar